Hey, everyone! I hope you’re doing well and enjoying the week so far. Lately, I’ve gotten REALLY into essential oils. It started a few weeks ago. I used to get migraines when I was younger, but luckily, they went away. However, they’ve started to come back here and there. A few weeks ago, I had one that was so bad and I couldn’t get out of bed for about an hour because I was in so much pain. Needless to say, I needed to start figuring out what could help, and I wanted to look at natural remedies for answers.
My mom is really into essential oils, and always has been, so she got me oils to start. I noticed a difference within a week and can honestly say I haven’t had a migraine for over a month. Now, I have also been working on drinking more water, but I know that essential oils is a major part of my migraines going away. Everyday, I have my essential oils diffuser on next to while I work, and I feel much more relaxed during the week, too. Magic, right? No my friend, not magic, just the power of the oils.
SO, with this being said, I wanted to share with you all the essential oils I’ve been using that have been helping with my headaches and overall relaxation in hopes that it may help you! Even if you don’t get migraines, there are still SO many benefits to oils.
1. Ultrasonic Cool Mist Aromatherapy Diffuser
– Although you don’t need a diffuser to enjoy your oils, I LOVE mine. It’s a great way to smell the oils throughout the day without even thinking about it. I have it next to me at my desk while I work and I also put in our room at night, too. I definitely recommend getting one!
– Peppermint is probably my favorite oil. It helps with headaches, stress relief and increasing energy. I for one love the smell of it and use it all the time. I also love peppermint tea, too. Fun fact – peppermint oil is also a natural way to get rid of spiders! I used it back in college to get rid of spiders in my apartment and the next day they were gone. Just make sure to use water when you spray it, I made the mistake of JUST spraying the oil and it was definitely overpowering and my eye did tear for a few hours.
– Eucalyptus has always
been a favorite. It helps with sinus relief, strengthening your immune system, stress and headaches. It’s also great for when you’re sick. I love the smell of it, too.
– Lavender is the best. I love all things lavender – lattes, soap, cookies… you name it. AND I love the health benefits behind it. Lavender helps with stress & anxiety, sleeping, pain relief and headaches. I definitely think lavender is a must when looking at buying oils.
5. Tea Tree
– Tea tree (surprise, surprise) also has a ton of benefits. It helps with infections and also serves as a natural bug repellent. I remember this oil helped my mom when she had an irritated hangnail. She didn’t take any medicine for it and only used tea tree, and it healed on its own.
– I actually just bought frankincense the other day, and I love it! This oil helps with stress, boosting your immune system and sleep. Similar to the other oils, it has many of the same benefits, it all just depends on your preference.
I am by no means an essential oils expert, but I do strongly believe in the benefits behind them and I love using them. 🙂 I hope you give them a try and see the benefits for yourself!
What kind of essential oils do you like and why?! Let me know! I’d love to hear.
Talk to you soon!
Casually Christiana is a part of several affiliate advertising programs. This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links in this post or on my site, I may make a commission from that click and/or purchase. All opinions are my own.